- Lens Cover
- Remote Control with Battery
- Power Cord (by region)
- User Manual CD
- Quick Start Guide
- Warranty Card
- Original factory lamp(s) included
AccuScreens Deluxe Fixed Frame Matte White: 106" diag., 16:9, Fixed Frame
AccuScreens Deluxe Fixed Frame Matte White: 119" diag., 16:9, Fixed Frame
BenQ HT8050 4K Capable UHD Home Cinema Projector
The world's first DLP 4K capable UHD home cinema projector, HT8050 achieves prestigious THX® HD Display Certification* to deliver authentic reproduction of the director's vision, rivaling the picture quality of a commercial digital cinema.
NOTE: further down the page we answer some common questions about the HT8050 and 4K signals in general.
The HT8050 produces 8.3 million distinct pixels for dazzling clarity without panel-related artifacts; THX Certification for extraordinary picture quality with cinematic image quality with absolute Rec. 709 color accuracy and stunning 50,000:1 dynamic contrast for an ultra-realistic widescreen film viewing experience. With intelligent functionality and installation flexibility, HT8050 is comprehensively equipped to integrate seamlessly into any upscale home cinema.
Video footage of the BenQ HT8050 in action
Video walkthrough of the BenQ HT8050
A short Q&A on 4K and the BenQ HT8050
During a recent training session with BenQ, we were able to grab senior field application engineer, Felix Pimentel, and ask for clarification on a few things. Here's a quick overview of what we discussed.
- It is critically important to have a strong 4K signal from start to finish - this means the video signal should be isolated from the audio signal and should ideally not be run through a splitter, older AV receiver, etc. as this lowers the signal strength. At low signal strengths, the 4K signal will automatically down covert to maintain a smooth image.
- High bandwidth HDMI cables are necessary for 4K. The old days of 'an HDMI cable is an HDMI cable' do not apply to HDCP 2.2. This is one of the more common problems people have when trying to view 4K content. Here is an HDMI cable that will definitely work.
- Your mileage will vary with 4K streaming content as the signal bit rate may go up and down - for the absolute best quality image, it is recommended to use a dedicated 4K Blu-ray player and send the video signal directly to the projector, and the audio signal directly to the receiver.
Image Detail Integrity and Color Accuracy Without Artifacts
With single DMD DLP technology to avoid inherent alignment issues of multiple panels, HT8050 presents image integrity and accurate color, especially important with ultrafine 4K pixels much smaller than 1080p pixels. HT8050 generates razor-sharp images and accurate colors devoid of artifacting such as blur, shadowing, and interference patterns for immaculate clarity.
Sophisticated 4K-Optimized Lens System for Pure Clarity
With class-leading lens architecture, HT8050 optical engine is specifically designed for spectacular 4K image quality, offering True Zoom function and presenting the best viewing quality with flawless optics.
Super-high resolution 14-element lens array is structured into six groups with metal barrel and cell framework, far outshining 1080p projector technology with greater light penetration for long-lasting 4K intensity with heart-stopping color performance, clarity, and sharpness across the entire screen.
Synchronized True Zoom and Focus System for Ultimate Precision
HT8050’s True Zoom system adjusts automatically to follow focus adjustments, optimizing the zoom ratio to deliver visually perfect focus without blemish. The three focusing lens groups adjust simultaneously with the zoom lens group to negate any curved field for immaculate cinematic performance and high-precision clarity at every corner of the image.
High Native Contrast for the Finest Details
As one of the most important characteristics that determine the picture quality performance, native ANSI measures the ability of projectors to produce extreme levels of brightness and darkness. Generating industry-leading levels of high native ANSI contrast ratio performance, HT8050 produces clearly deep, true blacks and resolves subtle layers and fine details in dark and bright scenes without washout.
4K Pixel Enhancer
4K Pixel Enhancer is a motion-adaptive edge enhancement feature that detects changes in color between an object and its background to produce sharp edges and precise surface textures.
- 4K capable UHD with Razor-Sharp True 8.3 Million Pixel Detail
- Distinct Clarity Without Artifacts from Panel Misalignment
- THX Certification for Guaranteed Superb Cinematic Performance
- Rec. 709 HDTV Standard for Finest Cinematic Color
- Ultra High Contrast Performance
- H/V Lens Shift & Big Zoom Lens for Installation Flexibility
|Click on a spec (like Resolution:) to learn more about it. Click here for the complete glossary.|
|Image Quality||See BenQ HT8050 UHD 4K Capable Home Cinema Image Size Calculator »|
|Resolution||QFHD (3840 x 2160)|
|No. of Colors||1.07 Billion Colors|
|Aspect Ratio(s)||Native - 16:9|
|Display Type||DLP (1 chip);|
|Data Signals||QFHD (3840 x 2160) w/ XPR - 2716 x 1528 without XPR|
|Video Signals||480i, 480p, 576i, 576p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p, 2560x1200, 3840x2160, 4096x2160 |
|H Sync||15 - 102KHz|
|V Sync||23 - 120Hz|
|Inputs / Outputs||
|Projection Lens||See BenQ HT8050 UHD 4K Capable Home Cinema Image Size Calculator »|
|Lens||F = 2.05 - 2.37 f = 20.54 - 30.31 Zoom Ratio- 1.5:1|
|Throw Ratio||1.36 - 2.03:1|
|Lens Shift||Vertical: ± 65% / Horizontal: ± 27%|
|Proj. Methods||Ceiling, Front, Rear|
|Dimensions||18.5" x 8.9" x 22.2" (W x H x D)|
|Unit Weight||32.68 lbs.|
|Power Supply||AC100 to 240 V, 50 to 60 Hz
Universal Power Supply
(Brightness: 1760 lumens; Lamp life: 4000 hours; Power: 290; Noise: 23 dB)
|Audible Noise||26.0 dB|
|Lamp Life||3000 hours|
|Items Included||Lens Cover, Remote Control with Battery, Power Cord (by region) ,User Manual CD, Quick Start Guide, Warranty Card|
|Lamp||90 Days or 500 hours|
- Download the manufacturer spec sheet for the BenQ HT8050 UHD 4K Capable Home Cinema.