The order processing and tracking area of our site is secure. This means the information you supply is protected by encryption and is sent to us in a Secure Socket Layer (SSL). You will know when you enter a secure area of the Projector People site because you will either be told by an alert window, or the lock or key at the bottom of your browser window will change color or will no longer be broken. The Projector People web site has been issued a Digital I.D. Certificate by Network Solutions this is what assures our organization's authenticity and enables communications to be encrypted for privacy.
Projector People asks you to enter your Card Security Code whenever you place an order online to help us detect fraudulent use of your credit card before your account is charged. This simple step enables us to greatly enhance the safety and security of our ordering process. Your credit card data is used only once to process your order and is not stored for future purchases.
Projector People has created this privacy statement in order to demonstrate our firm commitment to privacy. The following discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices for this website: ProjectorPeople.com.
What Personal Data We Collect
The following lists the ways in which we collect Personal Data from our users and the type of information collected:
Information you provide voluntarily:
- Connect with Us: If you wish to learn more about our company and the products and services we offer, you may use the “Contact Us” or “Live Chat” features on our website. We request you provide the following information: (i) full name, (ii) work e-mail, (iii) company name, (iv) phone number, and (v) state/region. The provision of full name and work e-mail is mandatory; the other fields are optional.
- Global Help Desk Support: When you choose to submit a support ticket to our Global Help Desk using our online form, we request the following information: (i) company name, (ii) full name, (iii) phone number, (iv) e-mail address, and (v) street address for location in need of service. The provision of this information is mandatory in order for us to provide support.
- Account Creation: To purchase products and obtain other services offered on the Website, a user has to register an account by completing a form online. Through the completion of the form by a user we typically collect the following information: (i) full name, (ii) address, (iii) e-mail address, (iv) credit card information, (v) password, and (vi) username. All users can access the Website without being a registered user. However, you will not be able to access certain areas or purchase our products or services online if you are not a registered online user.
- Supplier Application: To become an authorized supplier of AVI-SPL, a user must complete an online application. Through this online application, we collect information such as (i) the user’s full name, (ii) e-mail address, (iii) phone number, (iv) company name, and (v) company address. The provision of this information is mandatory for users who want to become authorized suppliers of AVI-SPL.
Information we collect automatically
- Website Traffic Information: We collect certain website traffic information from visitors to our Website such as internet protocol (IP) addresses and preferences. AVI- SPL uses Google Analytics to analyze trends, administer the Website, and gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. This tool does not create individual profiles for users. Unlike some tracking services, Google Analytics does not have a database of individual profiles for each visitor – they only collect aggregate data.
How We Use Personal Data
Our Company uses personal data for the following purposes:
- Providing products and services to our business customers: AVI-SPL collects and processes the business contact information of the individuals working for our business customers so that we can enter into and perform contracts with our business customers in order to provide our products and services.
- Working with our suppliers. AVI-SPL collects and processes the business contact information of the individuals working for our suppliers so that we can enter into and perform contracts with our suppliers.
- Making our Website more useful for our visitors.
- Communications: In addition, AVI-SPL may also use users’ contact details for the following purposes in accordance with the user’s communication preferences: (i) for internal surveys to obtain feedback on our products or services, our Website, or on other areas of our business that impact you as a customer, (ii) to notify users of new products or services we think may be of interest to them, and (iii) to send promotional materials.
We collect and use anonymous information. We may gather and store certain anonymous information about your visit, including the name of your Internet Service Provider (ISP), the type of browser and operating systems used to access our site, the date and time you access our site, the website that referred you to us, and the pages you visit (click-through). This information does not identify you personally. This information is collected and used to generate statistics, measure site activity, and improve the usefulness of our sites.
Our site uses an order form for customers to request information, products, and services. We collect purchaser's contact information (like their email address) and financial information (like their account or credit card numbers). Contact information from the order form is used to send orders to our customers. Financial information that is collected is used to bill the user for products and services. Order information is not distributed or otherwise shared with outside organizations.
Our online surveys ask visitors for contact information (like their email address). The customer's contact information is used to contact the visitor when necessary. Users may opt-out of receiving future mailings; see the choice/opt-out section below.
When we run contests on our site, we ask registrants for contact information (like their email address). The customer's contact information is used to contact the visitor when necessary. Users may opt-out of receiving future mailings; see the choice/opt-out section below.
Interaction with Children
We do not collect personal data of and our websites do not target or provide content to children under the age of 16.
Privacy Rights of California Residents
Pursuant to California Civil Code Section 1798.83, California residents have the right to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal data to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to email@example.com, or call us at our toll-free number 1-800-250-9122 to make the request via phone.
You can also mail your request to:
6301 Benjamin Road
Tampa, FL 33634 United States
Attn: Data Privacy.
In some cases, we may need to ask for proof of identification before the request can be processed. We will inform you if we need to verify your identity and the documents we require.
Pursuant to California Civil Code Section 1798.83(c)(2), members of the AVI-SPL organization do not share guests’ personal data with other member companies or others outside of the AVI-SPL organization for those parties’ direct marketing use unless a guest elects that we do so. AVI-SPL does not and will not sell your personal data.
You have the right to request we delete some or all of your Personal Data; however, under some circumstances, applicable law may not require us to delete your Personal Data. In any event, we will give you notice of our decision in accordance with applicable law.
We perform remarketing advertising to website visitors who have visited specific pages within our site and / or added products to a cart, and left before completing a transaction.
Projector People and third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimize, and serve display ads based on someone's past visits to your website. These remarketed ads are shown in limited frequency, and for no longer than 30 days from the date of last visit.
As you browse projectorpeople.com, cookies will be placed on your computer so that we can understand what you are interested in. Our display advertising partner then enables us to present you with retargeting advertising on other sites based on your previous interaction with projectorpeople.com. The techniques our partners employ do not collect personal information such as your name, email address, postal address or telephone number. You may opt out of Google Analytics for Display Advertisers and opt out of customized Google Display Network ads by visiting the Ads Preferences Manager.
This site has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. The information you supply to us during online ordering is protected by encryption and is sent to us in a Secure Socket Layer (SSL). The Projector People web site has been issued a Digital I.D. Certificate by Network Solutions; this is what assures our organization's authenticity and enables our communications to be encrypted for privacy.
Our site provides users the opportunity to opt-out of receiving communications from us and our partners at the point where we request information about the visitor.
This site gives users the following options for removing their information from our database to not receive future communications or to no longer receive our service.
You can send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
This site gives users the following options for changing and modifying information previously provided. Email email@example.com. Call the following telephone number: 1-888-248-0675.
Contacting the Web Site
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this Web site, you can contact:
6301 Benjamin Rd.Suite 110
Tampa, FL 33634
Last updated on December 24, 2019